LITTLE NINJAS PROGRAM
CLASSES FOR 3 TO 5 YEAR OLDS
Our Little Ninja classes are designed specifically for the 3 to 5 year old age group. These classes are oriented towards growth skills development. We concentrate on 8 developmental areas in each class by using Taekwondo and fun gaming skills.
- Balance: Balance is an important skill for children in order to properly develop their Taekwondo kicks. Having good balance will also increase their speed and agility. In addition, good balance leads to better posture, which will make your child appear more confident. By using Taekwondo kicking techniques along with fun running and jumping drills, we help each child learn better balance.
- Memory: Learning how put multiple Taekwondo techniques together and perform them in the correct sequence helps your child develop memory skills. We also stress learning left and right, forward and backward, and counting repetitions of techniques. Your child will also learn to associate different colors and shapes with specific techniques they have to perform.
- Control: Having control means making good decisions. Whether your child is handling a pet or dealing with a problem, he or she will learn to make the right decisions with good control. The Little Ninja Program will help children develop control of what they say, how they feel and what they do physically. Your child will be taught to maintain composure when dealing with difficult situations, and to not lose his or her temper or be too rough. Our Little Ninjas also learn perseverance, to keep on trying until you succeed.
- Teamwork: Teaching teamwork to young children is very important. It contributes greatly to their ability to interact with others and maintain friendships. The more confidence your child shows towards working with others, the more they will accomplish in life, We use teamwork drills to teach children to respect, share with, and help one another.
- Coordination: Training in Taekwondo is excellent for building the foundations of coordination in your child. Coordination is a vital developmental skill, one that can nurture talent across a number of domains, such as sports, music and art. The better the coordination, the better athlete, musician or artist they will be.
- Fitness: One of the biggest benefits of our Little Ninja Program is the ability to teach children about fitness through fun activities. Children will engage in a number of activities, from kicking and punching targets while going through an obstacle course to zigzagging around the room and running sprints. Our goal is to keep each child active and help teach them about staying physically fit. Fitness can be very fun and rewarding, especially with children because they have so much energy to burn. Develop a passion for exercise early and you will not have to retrain them in the future.
- Focus: This is an essential skill that will enable your child to become a better listener and more focused in their academic endeavors. Our instructors will help your child develop aim, listening and reaction skills. These focus skills can also allow your child to excel faster in any physical activity.
- Discipline: The toddler years are filled with curiosity and a need for exploration. At this age, a child's natural attention span can be measured in nano seconds. Discipline is one of the foundations of Taekwondo. Our instructors teach children self-control through the use of Little Ninja drills. These drills are designed to help children understand that discipline can be fun and rewarding, and to take pride in doing things right.